Portland General Electric
Contract in Tualatin, OR
Seeking an experienced Scrum Master (SM) who is Scrum certified to join PGE’s IT Customer Service Application team.
- This SM will support one or more teams in Agile/Scrum to develop and support software solutions.
- A successful SM will excel at empowering and enabling their assigned teams to self-organize to solve complex business problems.
In this role this SM:
- Organizes and facilitates sprint planning sessions, stand-up meetings, product demos, and team retrospectives.
- Fosters transparency and feedback by raising impediments and by presenting information using appropriate tools and techniques such as burn-down and burn-up charts.
- Promotes and drives continuous improvement.
- Coaches team members on the effective use of Scrum and Agile.
- Works with Product Owner(s) to maintain the Product Backlog.
- Ensures that team impediments are escalated for resolution promptly.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a software development or delivery organization. A minimum of 1+ years’ experience as a full-time ScrumMaster.
- CSM or CSP certification including a thorough understanding of Scrum and Agile principles, values, and practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring, coaching, and servant leadership.
- Experience delivering one or more products through all phases of the SDLC.
- Very strong communication, collaboration, feedback, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated mature judgment in a leadership role.
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Ability to identify and develop individual and complementary strengths and to build high-functioning teams.
- Capability to develop and maintain an effective network of relationships with people inside and outside the development group.
1.Experience as a development team member in one or more technical roles.
2.Supervisory or management experience.
3.Knowledge of Version 1 software.
4.Experience in project management.